[Resolved] Menu for desktop and mobile (phone) not the same

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu for desktop and mobile (phone) not the same

Home Forums Support Menu for desktop and mobile (phone) not the same

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul

my menu on the mobile (iPhone) is different than the one set in customization. I want same menu for desktop and mobile. The current desktop menu is what I want on phone. It looks like the phone menu is listing each page of the website instead of the assigned menu.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Paul,

Make sure you set the main menu to be the Slideout Menu as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Let me know if this helps.

Paul

I have primary and slideout set to the same menu. If I use slide out on mobile, on the mobile it shows “menu” but cannot not click to open up, just the word menu appears.

I currently have disabled slide out menu. The primary nav is set to categories (menu) and it works fine on desktop but on iPhone it shows a completely different menu…looks like top line pages. I have not checked any box that says auto add pages to menu.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It you see the menu and the hamburger icon on mobile but it doesn’t open then that usually means there is a javascript error causing by other plugin potentially.

Can you try setting the same menu to Primary and Slideout again and try #1 on this page?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

A link to your site might also be helpful 🙂

Paul
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try disabling all non-GP plugins?

The mobile menu I see doesn’t look like it’s added by GP.

Paul

disabled all plugins and then reactivated them. Menu now works on mobile. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.