Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Resolved] Menu Effect

Home Forums Support Menu Effect

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4362
    Ross Robson

    Any idea how i would be able to get my header to respond like this one at the top as it goes sightly smaller and stays as you scroll down.

    http://www.iandiamondwhite.co.uk/

    Thanks

    #4375
    Ross Robson

    I’d also like to put my menu in the header like this site has but when i choose float right it goes to the top of the site.

    Just bought page header addon so i can create some cool ads like you have on here, how do you get the images to appear in the right sidebar with no padding around it?

    Thanks 😀

    #4416
    Ross Robson

    Ok iv fixed the menu into header part (header title was too big lol)

    #4560
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Hi Ross,

    What they’re doing is using CSS transitions and changing the height on scroll.

    The code is a little complex for me to write up here, but I may create a child theme/tutorial on how to do this in the near future.

    Thanks!
    Tom

    #4563
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Also, to remove the padding from specific widgets, you need to get the unique ID of that widget, then apply this CSS:

    #text-5 {padding:0;}

    #text-5 being the unique ID of that specific widget.

    Tom

    #4590
    Ross Robson

    Ok thanks, i was wondering how do i get this image and the rest of the post/blog images to be smaller as they seem to go massive with any image i use.

    http://c73.df3.myftpupload.com/latest-news/

    Cheers

    #4661
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Just looks like a big image to me – you can resize them using WordPress: http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/image-editing/

    Tom

    #4744
    Ross Robson

    Hi tom how could i get a “my account” page on my website as i want them to be able to edit their info etc like you have on here.

    #4746
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    Hi Ross,

    The reason I have an area to edit info is because I’m using a eCommerce plugin to sell goods/collect info.

    If you’re not looking to sell anything, then you’re simply looking for a membership plugin.

    There’s tons of them out there – do a quick Google search for WordPress membership plugin and they’ll all pop up, some for free and some for a price.

    I’m using Easy Digital Downloads on this site, which sells digital goods and registers members.

    Hope this helps,
    Tom

    #4747
    Ross Robson

    I may be looking to put an online shop for darts products but need to find the right one, i know woocommerce is good but some plugins dont suit all themes, have u tried any other ones?

    Cheers

    #4755
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    WooCommerce is definitely the best for selling physical products.

    There are some tweaks you need to make for WooCommerce to integrate nicely with GeneratePress – I’ll most likely release a free plugin that connects the two.

    Tom

    #4790
    Ross Robson

    That would be great thanks, using Generatepress for the other website i said i was going to do now so very happy with the theme its by far the best iv come across and i don’t think there could possibly be better support than what iv had from you and what iv seen on here with others.

    Great stuff keep it going

    #4791
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    That’s awesome – really glad you’re liking it!

    If you’d like you can always leave a review over at WordPress.org so other know to give the theme a try 🙂

    Thanks!
    Tom

    #4893
    Ross Robson

    Yeah i will definatley do that, how do i know what size the sidebar and content areas are at a certain width so i know how big to make an image to fit perfectly?

    Thanks

    #4956
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

    The sidebar is 25% of the layout width, and the content is the remaining 75%.

    I have plans to have these be editable in the future once I find the best way to do it.

    Also, you can always make the image a little larger than needed and it will automatically size down to fit the container.

    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.