[Support request] Menu disappears on mobile, during page refresh

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu disappears on mobile, during page refresh

Home Forums Support Menu disappears on mobile, during page refresh

• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, please take a look at the video, how the menu disappears in my BuddyPress members directory when navigating back, synchronously with the activity, which data set changes

View post on imgur.com

Is this theme related?

Regards
    Carsten

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not likely a theme issue but hard to tell without seeing the issue live.

I believe your site requires a username and password to view?

If so are you able to provide so we can see the issue?

Let me know 🙂

Carsten

How do I send you the username and password, only option to send an email is for presales?

Carsten

May I suggest an option like the website URL (only admins can see) for credentials?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can send it in through Account Issues here:
    https://generatepress.com/contact/

Or just provide the credentials here as it’s useless to the public without the URL which only admins can see.

I can remove the credentials after as well.

Carsten

Hi there, you’re right, here they are

While you’re logged in, could you check why I have no options for customizing the Top Banner?

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does this only happen when the navigation is sticky?

The sticky navigation requires javascript, which loads in the footer of your website for performance reasons.

If the content is particularly heavy/takes a while to load, this sort of delay can happen until the javascript is reached and rendered by the browser.

Carsten

You are right, the BuddyPress content is heavy and takes a while to load, so turning sticky navigation off is definitely a good idea, and solved the problem with the header menu disappears.

Any idea, why I can’t customize the top banner anymore?

Ideal I would rather not have my back button in the top banner, but would like to place it same left position in the header, and my navigation menu to the right, as it is, but apparently this is not such an easy task to achieve?
    At the moment I use Navigation as Header.

View post on imgur.com

Best

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What do you mean by top banner?

Is there never a site title or logo in your navigation as header? Or is it only blank on mobile?

Carsten

Sorry, Top Bar of course.

No, at the moment I do not have any logo in my navigation as header

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What about it can’t your customize? Are there no Top Bar options in the Customizer?

We can hook the back link into the navigation, but it depends on when you want it to display. Will you ever have a logo/site title in there? If so, where will the back link go?

Carsten

No, there are no Top Bar options in the Customizer even if a widget has been added.

Thanks for offering to hook a link, at the moment I’m not sure if I should use navigation as header or navigation in header.

I raised another topic regarding header and navigation, since I can’t get the settings to work, sorry to keep both you and David occupied!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange about the Top Bar. What if you temporarily add a new widget into the area? Does it trigger the Customizer to show the panel?

Carsten

The Top Bar options are back in the customizer, I don’t know what triggered it to show up again.

But no matter what settings I use, my navigation floats left?

View post on imgur.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is “Use Navigation as Header” set in Customize > Layout > Header?

If so, you’ll need to deactivate that to use the float options.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.