[Support request] Menu buttons break into two lines as screen gets smaller

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu buttons break into two lines as screen gets smaller

Home Forums Support Menu buttons break into two lines as screen gets smaller

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nick

Hi, I have my main navigation menu designed exactly the way I want it, but as I drag my screen to become smaller the menu breaks up and some of the buttons get pushed to another line underneath. This is the way it looks on a tablet screen as well. I would like to be able to have the font in my buttons shrink all the way down until the mobile breaking point. Is there a way I can do this. Thanks so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you provide a link to your site?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Nick

OK, I sent the link. Did you see it?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s under coming soon page. Can you disable it?

Nick

Hi Leo, I just disabled the coming soon page. You should be able to see it now. When dragging the page to make it smaller, you can see the H1 logo shrinking, but the menu and button text stay the same, and then break into two layers. I’d like to have the menu shrink all the way up to where it breaks for mobile view.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure what you mean by menu shrink?

It’s better to increase the mobile menu breakpoint: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/mobile-navigation/#initiating-the-mobile-navigation-at-a-different-width

Nick

All the websites that I look at on my iMac appear the same as on my iPad mini. All of the pages just shrink down to fit the iPad mini. But, the site that I’m building doesn’t do that. The menu breaks up and forces the “contact” and “links” buttons onto another line underneath the main menu, and I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to have the “mobile view” on my iPad mini when it’s in the horizontal viewing position. No other website does that.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to an example site of what you would like to happen?

Nick

If you look at my website you can see that my menu is all on one line. If you look at my website on an iPad you can see that my menu breaks up and several of the buttons appear underneath the menu. No other website does this, just mine. Perhaps my menu is too wide, but I was hoping to make it work so that my menu shrinks down as the page gets smaller.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I would still suggest that you trigger the mobile navigation at a larger width so that it turns into toggle for iPad as well.

Otherwise which part should shrink down? Wouldn’t the menu items be very lose to each other?

You kept on mentioning that no other website does this, can you link me to the one that handles how you want it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.