[Support request] Menu building : some questions

Home Forums Support [Support request] Menu building : some questions

Home Forums Support Menu building : some questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JA MAILLARD

Good evening,

I would like to customize the menu in my website, onepage website.
    But I’m not sure about the process, so two questions for two cases :
    1) I want a menu as on mobile : a toggle button. You click and you’d see the menu items on overlay mode or slideout navigation mode.

2) Second case: You insert the navigation menu in the page and you scroll a while then the menu becomes a sticky navigation bar. It means that the main navigation isn’t visible at the beginning and appears after scrolling.

Are these scenarios possible in free GP and/or GP Premium ? If yes, how do you that ?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your responses.

Regards

JA

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1) Mobile toggle and slideout navigation should be the default settings. Just need to make sure you select the correct menu for the slideout navigation:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

2) Give this CSS a shot: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/landing-page-menu-should-hide-by-default-but-appear-when-scrolling-down/#post-170547

Let me know.

JA MAILLARD

Hello

I’m sorry for the delay.
    Well, thanks for your return.
    Slideout navigation option activated. But I haven’t the sandwich icon alone, like a button.

2)Ok with this CSS. It’s hidden and appears when scrolling.
    But how can I define the point of appearing (400px for example), if possible ?

It seems that that Menu Plus must be activated. True ?

JA

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Slideout navigation option activated. But I haven’t the sandwich icon alone, like a button.

Not sure what you mean? It’s not working? If so are you able to provide a link to your site?

2) Not currently unfortuantely…

And yes menu plus needs to be activated for the slideout navigation to work.

JA MAILLARD

I have the sandwich menu button but not alone. It’s included in the main menu with the other items.
    Sorry, the site isn’t accessible on the web so no link for the moment.

JA

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can select Mobile Only, Desktop Only or Both: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-slide-out-navigation/

JA MAILLARD

I’ve activated “both” first. Desktop or mobile only has the same effect.
    According to the doc : “the slide-out navigation will add a button to your main navigation to open the slide-out menu.” So, it’s not alone like on mobile situation.

An option to create 😉

JA

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh so you want the slide out toggle to show on desktop without other menu items?

Just don’t add anything to the primary navigation 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.