[Resolved] Menu and Submenu problem ??????

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu and Submenu problem ??????

Home Forums Support Menu and Submenu problem ??????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Johan Falkbrink

I’m working on a website that has lots of menus type 7 on the front and then 220 as submenus. But I have come to half, and when I add a new submenu so avmakeras Primary Menu all the time and all menus are scattered on the front. But when I remove the last that I added to tick the Primary Menu, then it works. It seems that you can only add a certain number of menus and submenus in your system a little panic, I have so please help me as soon as you can.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Johan,

That’s definitely a lot of menu items.. The WordPress menu system is actually handled by WordPress – GeneratePress just uses the built in function to present it. Is there a visual issue going on? If so, can you send me a link so I can take a look for myself?

Thanks!

Johan Falkbrink

As you see it disappear primary menu as soon as I lay there one for I have a certain number then looks perfect but as soon as I put on one to crash menu system. Here is the link to my site. It is the Swedish side that has crashed because that’s the one I doing it will be the same on the English side also
    http://alu.u6947131.fsdata.se/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I know WordPress does have a limit to the number of menu items it will take – having too many can seriously hurt your site’s performance.

Maybe think about reducing your menu down considerably and including links to the other pages within the content or a sidebar?

Johan Falkbrink

I’m quite new to wordpress as you may have noticed. I have worked most with joomla before and where one could control the menus so that they ended up on certain pages such as in this case, clicking on a main menu and then to the right there will be a new menu that is just so long as I’m inside the judgment pages that I want the menu to appear. Is it nothing to do even in wordpress and if so, how

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can add “Custom Menu” widgets to the sidebar is “Appearance > Widgets”, and then use the following plugin to make them show up on certain pages and not others: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.