[Resolved] Menu above header not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Menu above header not working

Home Forums Support Menu above header not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Using GP for the first time. Have selected Primary Menu above header and it appears correctly in the Customizer but after publishing, when I view the front end, it is showing below header. Mobile header is not selected.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ben

this is what i am seeing:

Site image

Ben

Thanks for getting back to me.

That’s what I’m seeing too but not what I’m expecting. In the Customizer it looks like this (with a black strip above the hero image).

Customizer

The sticky menu is working and changes to a black background when you scroll down the page. I’m trying to get the black strip to appear permanently so the menu will show good contrast, regardless of hero image colours.

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ben,

please check the Advance settings Navigation Colors on the GP PageHeader. These override the navigation colors in the customiser.

Ben

Cool, thanks. I disabled Custom Navigation Colors and it now works as expected although the black strip does flash off and then back on again as you scroll down the page, Any way to avoid this? (Same happens with a custom color selected).

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ben,

go to Customiser > Layout > Sticky Navigation and set the transition to none

Ben

Perfect, thank you 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we got it fixed. As a general rule theme settings are controlled globally in the Customiser. Places that can override them are the Page Headers and the Layout Meta box in the WP Page editor > Layout Meta.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.