Home Forums Support menu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    liz

Hi,

I added a new category, “play,” but as I look at its URL, it shows like this “https://www.acupofparenthood.com/category/living/”

link to the site is in the private info field

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Liza,

Not sure I understand your issue.
    I’m seeing domain.com/category/living on my end, is this what you are expecting to see?

Or the living should be play? If so, check the category’s slug setting.

Let me know!

liz

Hi,

Thanks..yes, the “living” should be “play” I check the slug setting, and the category “play” is indicated, but the URL still shows domain.com/category/living, instead of “domain.com/category/play”

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Liza,

Can you try rebuilding your permalinks? Go to Settings > Permalinks and just hit save.

liz

Hi, What do you mean by rebuilding my permalinks..will it not affect my google ranking?

Fernando
    Customer Support

If your permalinks are broken, it should positively affect your SEO.

WordPress handles permalinks, and they sometimes get broken through plugins or something else, but it’s not often.

Here’s an article I found which might be insightful: https://www.wpkube.com/permalinks-are-not-working-in-wordpress/

liz

Hi,

I changed the slug setting…it became domain.com/category/play-2 ..so I changed it again..now it’s back to category domain.com/category/living ..what can be done about this? thanks

Fernando
    Customer Support

I see. Can you provide temporary access to your site?

liz

My permalink is okay..I mean i dnt have any pROBlem with the other categories,only with this new category I added.

Fernando
    Customer Support

GeneratePress has no control over this. It’s all WordPress.

I’m thinking it’s a permalink issue. Have you tried clearing cache?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.