[Resolved] Mellow Theme Question

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Mellow Theme Question

Home Forums Support Mellow Theme Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Christopher

I’ve got the paid GP and put generate block Plugin as well.

On the Mellow theme:
    1)
    How do I change the background color for the “Page Identity” text box?
    Looking at certain imaged I upload in Appearance>Elements>Editor>Page hero it looks like it might actually be a dark filter that just looks like it’s black?
    I can change the text fine (via cutomizing>Colors>”site title”), it’s just the background around the title/tag line I cant!

2)
    How do I remove the background box (mentioned above) totally if I use the logo instead of the “site title” in site identity and then in layout>header tick the “use navigation as header” button, the logo has a background around it (which it doesn’t when the box isn’t ticked)

3)
    A)
    Is it possible to edit the homepage using generate blocks rather than the “customize” button?
    If so how?
    Eg On the Avery theme there is an option to “Edit Page” which brings up the builder but on the Mellow page there isn’t. Does that mean it’s just not editable?
    IE with cutomize I can’t do what I want: changing the width of the header on on the homepage and maybe putting a transparent band over the navigation menu, and adding another block inbetween the header and the blog content?
    PLUS adding other content to the home page ie I want more sections below the blog, maybe 1 or 2.

B)
    If this isn’t possible, is it possible instead to get the general home page of mellow and create a new page, make the edits in generate blocks and make that edited page the home page somehow?

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hello Christopher,

To answer your questions:
    1) The black background color comes from this set of css, you can find it in Customizer > Additional CSS > Line 70 to Line 77.

.site-branding, 
    .navigation-branding {
        background: rgba(0,0,0,0.8);
        display: inline-block;
        padding: 10px 30px;
        border-radius: 3px;
        transition: background 500ms ease;
    }

You can replace the color code after backgroundto change its color.

2) To delete the background box, just simply delete background: rgba(0,0,0,0.8); of the CSS I mentioned previously.

Can you open a separate topic for question 3?
    Let’s keep 1 question per topic, as it’s much easier for us to track and help, thanks!
    https://www.screencast.com/t/StoLHUvvk

Christopher

I’m thinking maybe I wasn’t really clear. I’m a bit new to this.

I *think* what I’m wanting to know is if I can edit the ‘Page Hero’ on the homepage when I import Mellow (also tried Avery) from the library?

I want to be able to put a logo in different places, poss put a block of black under the menu navagation with some words on one side and a photo on the other. Add additional sections to the front page under the latest blog posts.

Am I able to do that, or realistically if I don’t like the exact layout of the page hero’s/home page layout in the library items do I have to start from scratch with Generate Blocks?

I’d prefer to do it with the editor as I don’t code (sorry)… I guess I can cut and paste though if that helps!

Christopher

Sorry, I cross posted. I’ll open a new topic,

thanks Ying

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.