[Support request] Mega Search?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Mega Search?

Home Forums Support Mega Search?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pearson

Hi!

This may be a reach, BUT, I am trying to develop a search that incorporates filtering based on tags. I downloaded the Search and Filter PAGE plugin and have been attempting to make it work with no avail.

My questions are:
    Could I modify the current search when the magnify glass is clicked to expand from above a window, like a mega menu, to show the search bar, and list of filters (tags) as checkboxes? Click the “Search” and off you go!

In the url I supplied you can see the results page, with the Search and Filter plugin. Unfortunately the plugin is not picking up that I tagged a page with my test tag “!hello”, sigh.

Any help you guys can provide is much much appreciated. Thank in advance!!!

-P

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I’m having trouble picturing what you’re after. Do you have a link to any examples?

Pearson

Apologies, Tom.

Basically what I’m after is when the search icon is clicked, a horizontal flyout window is triggered open, much like the action when you click the hamburger the nav menu opens. However in the flyout window I just want a search form that I can use as an advanced search. The plug in I am attempting to use gives me a short code to include.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately that would take quite a bit of custom programming, which is a little out of the scope of this forum.

There might be some plugins out there that can achieve it though if you search for “WordPress flyout panel”.

Pearson

Totally understand, thanks anyway, Tom.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.