- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Tom.
May 6, 2020 at 6:14 am #1271903Matt
So i’m running into a predicament with using max mega menu. I am looking to get my mobile and desktop version of my staging site to use mega menu so I can include pictures in the menu so it looks nice. I actually have my menu exactly how I want it at the moment however the last thing I wanted to change and edit is the one thing I can’t change according to max mega menu.
I wanted to add a nice stylish look to my menu that shows item number and cart total but will also allow for deletion of the item in the cart from a drop down image when clicked on by mobile or hovered over by desktop. Attached is a picture of my current website.
I am looking into using your simple mega menu setup but am worried I may not be able to achieve this result regardless and wanted to check with y’all before waiting my time and energy into making this work and then it turns out it won’t after I get it the way I want it. https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-a-cart-icon-with-number-of-items-and-total-cost-in-nav-menu/page/2/
This is the code I am contemplating on using soon for the mega menu and getting rid of the max mega menu.
I think I like the dotted border but I could change it later in the code i’m sure making it solid or whatever later.
Here is the hover picture that I am talking about. This is copied from my current site using royal theme.
Also if this is something I should take to code able so somebody can basically copy exactly how my menu looks now to how I want it to look on this theme. So to sum up I need:
1. Can generate press do a cart setup like this?
2. Is it possible to replicate my current menu to the generate press mega menu?
3. I feel I am almost intermediate with CSS and editing code and copy and pasting master for sure. Is this something I should pay somebody to do at codeable to achieve the exact same menu look?
firstname.lastname@example.org with pricing to do it.May 6, 2020 at 10:09 am #1272448TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Have you tried our built-in cart menu item in the WooCommerce module?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/
It should do exactly what you’re looking for.
Let me know 🙂May 6, 2020 at 10:38 am #1272499Matt
Thanks! What about question 2 and 3?May 6, 2020 at 3:25 pm #1272846TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
2. You can use CSS to build a mega menu, but whether you want to use it vs a plugin is up to you: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/building-simple-mega-menu/
3. Codeable can be very useful if you need to hire someone for a quick job. It really depends on the amount of time you want to put into trying to achieve something.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.