[Resolved] Master Slider as Page Header.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Master Slider as Page Header.

Home Forums Support Master Slider as Page Header.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Fratzeskos Filippidis

In my page (www.logosgnosis.gr) i am using the plugin Page Header with MasterSlider.
    I did an update today with the latest versions of all the pugins, but now the MasterSlider plugin does not display in the Header of the page.
    Any ideas?

Fratzeskos Filippidis

OK… the problem was in MasterSlider new update… they changed some resizing settings. I have managed to solve it.

Sorry for this πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries – glad it’s fixed πŸ™‚

Rylan

Hey Tom, I am using Masterslider and I am actually having a problem. I’m using the shortcode in the Header content tab for my home page but when it appears on the page the text and links that i added to the slides themselves appear formatted to look like my widgets. (the links are blue and the text is smaller than what it looked like in the slider preview). BUT when I view the home page using the Appearance->customize option in wordpress – the slider goes back to looking exactly like it did during the slide preview.

Please help,

Rylan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to the site?

Rylan

Its actually offline at the moment – But I fixed it by switching ‘global layout settings’ to ‘content (no sidebars)’ in my “sidebar layout” option in the edit homepage page…

Do you know whats happening?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So removing the sidebar changed the formatting inside your slider? No idea why that would happen – would have to see it live to inspect the code I’m afraid.

Are you using a regular shortcode in the Page Header metabox? Or a widget shortcode?

Rylan

Well there actually wasn’t a sidebar to begin with. But there are settings called Sidebar Layout with the following options:

Global Layout Settings
    Content / Sidebar
    Sidebar / Content
    Content (no sidebars)
    Sidebar / Content / Sidebar
    Sidebar / Sidebar / Content
    Content / Sidebar / Sidebar

I switched from the first option to the fourth one. I’m using short code… [masterslider id=”5″] in the page header metabox. The same problem occurs when I insert the shortcode in the GP Hooks.

But anyway I’m happy for now. Until I want to use a sidebar on the homepage I guess…

Rylan πŸ™‚

Rylan

And actually I just noticed it still isn’t working properly… The linked button still shows up in blue text.

I’ll put the site online for a day or so…

http://reinventivetravel.com

ps only the first slide applies. The linked button text should be white in colour. Instead it’s the same blue that’s in my widgets.

Rylan

Rylan

And the words “Have you”, “Philosophy” “style” and “vision” should be the same size as “recently reinvented your life”.

Definitely something going wrong here…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, maybe try adding something like this?:

.ms-container .ms-btn-container a:visited {
          color: #FFF;
    }
    Rylan

SOOO close tom! If fixed the linked button colour, but the additional words are still not the right size.

BUT strangely, when I view the page preview in appearance->edit CSS AND in appearance->customize, it shows up exactly how I need it! It’s just the live page that shows up differently!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Could you possibly slow down the transition between slides? Super hard to debug when the slide changes so quickly.

Thanks!

Rylan

done

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, those text sizes seem to be coming directly from the slider – there’s no conflicting GP CSS getting in the way of displaying them properly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.