Home Forums Support Masonry post width

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Are Martin

Hi again Tom,

I´m trying to set the masonry post width to large for a specific post using the masonry post width meta-box found on the edit-post page…. but it´s not working for some reason…. the size of the masonry item is not changing…

Any idea what might be the issue?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance of getting a link to it? Wouldn’t mind checking out the HTML.

Are Martin

Sure…

This is the category-archive page where I would like the post with the image of racing bikes to be larger than the rest.

Here is the post itself

Are Martin

Update: For some reason it´s working like it should when I´m in the customizer and using no sidebars.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – let me look into this a bit.

When you save it using no sidebars, does it work as it should on the live site? Or only in the Customizer?

Are Martin

It works as it should on the live site with no sidebars when I have the most recent set to large and the other posts set to medium or small. Then it´s possible to set individual posts to “large”.

However, if I have both recent and general masonry set to medium it´s not working…. or if I use the right sidebar layout it´s also not working…

Thank´s for looking into it! 🙂 It´s really not a big deal to me… I would just like to have some posts to stand out in the masonry…

Are Martin

Update: When i set the masonry size to small the post image no longer aligns with the edges of the masonry brick as it does with the large and medium sizes.

(I´m not using one of the pre-made child themes where this is default, but custom css supplied by you in an earlier topic).

Are Martin

New Update:

I´ve been playing around with the settings a bit and it seems like the only two conditions where the masonry post width setting for individual posts is not working like it should is when I´m using the right sidebar layout with the global “masonry most recent” option set to large… and when both global masonry settings are set to medium.

In these two conditions it is not possible to change the masonry post width for individual posts. (Sorry for the confusion)

Are Martin

Using the code below solved the problem for me. It seems like a wider layout for the archives and front page allowed enough room for the masonry to be able to change the width for individual masonry posts.

body .grid-container {
          max-width: 90%;
    }

body.single .grid-container {
          max-width: 1040px;
    }

body.page .grid-container {
          max-width: 1040px;
    }

Now the only issue I still have is that the featured image is not aligning with the edges when the masonry posts are set to small like it does when it´s set to large or medium size…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Super weird – but I’m glad you found a solution. I’ll have to look more into why the individual widths aren’t working with those conditions.

As far as I can tell, the images that are large enough to span across the whole block are, and the ones that aren’t large enough aren’t. As far as code goes, it looks like it’s working as it should.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.