[Resolved] masonry layout and blog post length/size

Home Forums Support [Resolved] masonry layout and blog post length/size

Home Forums Support masonry layout and blog post length/size

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cath

Hi, just purchased the blog add-on. thanks for your nice theme! My question is – with masonry and the grid style, the images seem to all show up different sizes vs. the same box size which I am more used to. Is this what is supposed to happen? I also thought with masonry, that the first post would be full length and then the others would be excerpted automatically? Do you have to set the Read More for the Masonry style also?

Thanks!

cath

p.s. Also, I am getting duplicate images on the home page except when I set it to excerpt. But, to use masonry, if I have to manually excerpt them – I have over 1000 posts – that will be difficult. Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So you’re wanting the latest post on masonry to show the full post content, and the rest to have excerpts? If so, I should have a function for you.

For the image sizes, you can set them in “Customize > Blog > Post Images” – that will allow you to set them to one size instead of having them vary.

The duplicate images is because you have a featured image set and the same image within the content. When the full post is set to show, the images will show also. You can use some CSS to hide the image in the full post like this:

.blog .entry-content img,
    .archive .entry-content img {
         display: none;
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

cath

I am a little unclear tho what here will make the first post read full length. Which thing is changed that will let this occur ? Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    cath

thanks so much for your great support and help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.