[Resolved] Masonry grid same view

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Masonry grid same view

Home Forums Support Masonry grid same view

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dmitry

Hi!

Is it possible to make the background color (white) to cover the whole inside-article div regardless of the grid settings (number of columns + featured post)?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand.

Are you referring to this element being outside the container here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/i0FlqstGf8iv

Dmitry

Yes! When masonry is not active, its inside.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How is that content added?

Dmitry

It’s data from ACF and added using a hook element to display “after_entry_title” for post category archive.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like the masonry calculated the height before the hook content is loaded.

Not sure if there is way around that unfortunately.

What if you use the custom excerpt metabox to input the Size and Prize instead?

Dmitry

In this case you need to put a piece of HTML+CSS into every exert of every post. Not sure it will be comfortable…

Dmitry

Its strange, because layout itself works OK with this data. The problem is only about the background color.

Dmitry

Well, it looks like I need to use not the best solution just to add some css like .masonry .inside-article {padding-bottom: 120px !important;}

Can you also help a little with featured post thumbnail image. When masonry is set to 3 columns, there are white paddings on the image. Cant find out where do they come from.

ps check the same link

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

In this case you need to put a piece of HTML+CSS into every exert of every post. Not sure it will be comfortable…

You should only need to add 2 lines of HTML everytime. The CSS will be the same so only needs to add it once globally.

Its strange, because layout itself works OK with this data. The problem is only about the background color.

The background color isn’t working as the layout isn’t accounting for the extra content.

As for the padding, the image container looks normal:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2AZoc7FW

It’s the image itself is a bit small. Does uploading a bigger image help or no?

If no can you disable the hover effect so I can take a closer look?

Dmitry

Thats what I’m talking about https://www.screencast.com/t/8g4m53zm8p

The image is not small itself. Its version which is used for the archive page is small.

Well, maybe there is some kind of a snippet I can use to insert the full version of the image for the featured post on archive page?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this:

.featured-column .post-image img {
        width: 100%;
    }
    Dmitry

Thanks, Leo! Thats nice solution

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.