[Support request] Masonry Grid Post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Masonry Grid Post

Home Forums Support Masonry Grid Post

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bobby

Hi Tom,

I dont know if you already answered this question,,but i could not find anything on it in the threads.

But my question is…how can I make the blog post containers in the masonry grid format appear evenly? For example, some post are higer or lower in height than the post next to it… depending on how long or short the post title or excerpt.

I’m seeking to make the each blog post line up evenly in height like the theme below..

http://demo.tagdiv.com/newspaper/homepage-infinite-scroll/

Thanks

Garth Dryland

Bobby

To do what you want (unless something has changed) disable masonry and use full blog post and read more tags (in text editor) to trim text, along with columns. You cant use excerpts with masonry from memory. All the settings are in the blog portion of the customiser.

Hope that helps

Lyle

Hi Bobby,

In addition to what Garth has mentioned, the uneven posts layout is the whole idea behind a masonry layout, hence the term “masonry” …. staggered blocks (bricks) ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I think the “Columns” feature is what you’re looking for in “Customize > Blog > Columns”.

Just make sure Masonry is disabled ๐Ÿ™‚

rossnmia

I am having an issue where if I select masonry grid and columns, the text from the first blog post sits in behind the lower blog post boxes, so the lower blogs overlay the top one.

Not sure if this is a common error. As soon as I deselect masonry grid…the blogs posts nests normally.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you open a new topic and link us to your site?

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.