[Resolved] Marketer theme: How to reduce space between blog posts on archive page?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Marketer theme: How to reduce space between blog posts on archive page?

Home Forums Support Marketer theme: How to reduce space between blog posts on archive page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi, I’m trying to reduce the space between blog posts on my various archive/category pages, so that I can have more posts visible on the page. I was able to do it using Customizer > Layout > Container, but that changes the spacing for everything, including elements in the sidebar, which I don’t want. See attached screenshot for the area I’m referring to. Thanks.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can try adding this CSS:

article.post .inside-article, .site-content header.page-header {
        padding: 0px 40px;
    }

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

John

Thanks Elvin. That worked, except it also affected my About page, which has a full-width image, but now has left and right padding added. I only want to change the padding on my blog list (archive) pages.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John

We could add a selector to target the blog page:

.blog article.post .inside-article, .blog .site-content header.page-header {
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi Ying,

Unfortunately, that didn’t work. When I targeted the blog page by adding .blog as indicated, it did fix the padding problem on the About page but it undid my padding settings on the blog page; they were no longer in effect.

Thanks,
    John

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

We can try to exclude all the pages so it doesn’t affect static pages like the About page.

Example:

body:not(.page) article.post .inside-article, .site-content header.page-header {
    }

A wise man once said:

John

Thanks Elvin, that worked.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nice one. Glad it worked for you. No problem. ๐Ÿ˜€

A wise man once said:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.