[Support request] Manage Media Library Plugin

Home Forums Support [Support request] Manage Media Library Plugin

Home Forums Support Manage Media Library Plugin

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Stephen.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen

Hi,

I realise this is off-topic. However, after spending over 5 hours looking for a plugin to manage the WordPress media library (the ability to create folders would be cool) and coming up with zilch, I thought I’d ask the knowledgeable folks here. It would seem that even the most popular media library management plugins do not change the physical path to images. Therefore from an SEO perspective the plugins do not help/work, and are just visual thumbnail display tools/folders.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks
    Steve

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Steve,

I don’t know of a lot of media related plugin unfortunately.

Not sure what effect they would have on SEO though? Most of those plugins will likely only adjust the UI in the Dashboard.

dasigna

this is something i’ve researched quite a long time, as imho at this point theres the only real (big) dowside of wordpress: tha lacking of a comfortable way to organize media.

for me the only real solution is ‘wp real media library’.
    it works flawlessly, integrates well and is the big helper when dealing with lots of media. if you want to, theres even an addon called ‘physical custom upload folders’ which provides exactly what you want – but only after the moment of installation, so its important to do so before you want to have your media in real physical folders.

so this in fact is the only combination i would recommend if you need (or want) to have this kind of solution. myself using it for some sites with big amounts of media and it serves the purpose absolutely great. and with the physical folders option you’ll have the seo benefit too.

only downside: its an envato plugin ๐Ÿ™ (nevertheless the only one i use and recommend meanwhile)
    if really in need of such a solution its worth every single cent.

definitely worth trying out.

Stephen

Hi,

Thank you both for your input.

Its a real shame WP doesn’t have a better in-built solution for organising media files and folders.

I will try wp real media library if I get frustrated working on larger sites.

Thanks
    Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.