[Support request] Malicious code found from GP child theme

Home Forums Support [Support request] Malicious code found from GP child theme

Home Forums Support Malicious code found from GP child theme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Richard

I have been using GP premium but was told to use child theme if I wanted to modify my site. I downloaded the child theme from generatepress’s site. I keep getting malicious code errors from WordFence.

All my themes and plugins are updated so why do I get this error? Is this normal?

Richard

View post on imgur.com

This is errors I am getting

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That looks like your server was compromised and malicious files have been inserted into various plugins and themes.

You’ll need to have that cleaned up by your hosting. Once all of the files are gone, you’ll want to make sure all of your passwords are changed/secure. Also, make sure everything (plugins, themes, WP) are up to date.

Richard

How could this have happened? I reset my wordpress using WP reset. It happened again and I used wordfence to block.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would recommend checking with your hosting support and mention to them that this keeps on happening.

Unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do from our end.

Richard

Should I use the child theme if I am editing things from the customization dashboard and through elementor? I am not editing anything in the style sheet.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if all your changes are being made within the customizer or the WP Editor or Elementor – then no you do not need a child theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.