[Resolved] Making third navigation mobile friendly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Making third navigation mobile friendly

Home Forums Support Making third navigation mobile friendly

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chloe

Hi there

I have posted on this thread https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-third-navigation-menu-gpp-1-8/#post-1688547 but now posting new topic so I can add details of the site.

I would like to make the third menu mobile friendly. Also if I can make the active page link a different colour. I canโ€™t work out how to do this.

Many thanks.

Chloe

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Chloe,

Try add this CSS in customizer > additional css:

.discrimination-nav ul {
        flex-flow: row wrap;
    }

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Chloe

Hi Ying! That’s great thank you. Works perfectly.

Is there a way to change the colour of the link for the page that you are on? In the same way the other nav does. For example the background is lighter on the page that you are on in the navigation.

Thank you in advance.

Chloe

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could try something like this:

.discrimination-nav .menu-discrimination-container ul li.current_page_item a {
        background-color: #f58538;
    }

Let me know how it works ๐Ÿ™‚

Chloe

Hi Ying. This works perfectly! Thank you so much.

Speak soon.

Chloe

Chloe

Hi Ying. Sorry me again.

I had a quick question. I have several different navigations for each page. I have put examples in the Private information. Is there a way of doing this without creating a new hook, snippet and CSS for each one?

Thank you for any advice.

Chloe

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could try if a plugin like this works:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/if-menu/

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I inspected the navigations, they all have different IDs and css classes, so yes, if you want to create more of them, you’ll need to create more hooks individually for different pages.

For CSS, you could use ,to separate css classes and the css you write below will apply to them all, for example:

.discrimination-nav .menu-discrimination-container ul li.current_page_item a, .unfairdismissal-nav .menu-unfair-dismissal-container ul li.current_page_item a {
        background-color: #f58538;
    }
    Chloe

Oh that’s great. Thanks both. I tried if menu, but not quite what I need. I will try the CSS and create the hooks. Thank you again.

Chloe

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome Chloe ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.