[Resolved] Make the Homepage like the Blog layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Make the Homepage like the Blog layout

Home Forums Support Make the Homepage like the Blog layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Caitlin

I am setting up a simple site for posting press releases that I get. I really like the simplicity of the Blog/Archive layout. Since that is controlled under Customize –> Layout –> Blog, I don’t see a way to make that layout the layout for the homepage. Is there a way to replicate this layout (One large featured latest post and then the rest of the posts) for the homepage?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

So would this home page be the posts page?

Caitlin

Yes. I just want a simple choronological display of the press releases. I like how the posts are laid out on the blog page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so I’m still missing something here.

If the home page will be the posts page, then you can still use the customizer options for Blog?

Caitlin

I want the layout of the homepage to be similar to how the blog page is laid out. The layout of the blog page is controlled by going to Customize –> Layout –> Blog so it doesn’t work to simply designate the blog page as the home page because the layout doesn’t work when I do that. So, I wanted to know if there is some way to replicate the way that the blog post page is done so I can have it as my home page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here.

The layout of the blog page is controlled by going to Customize –> Layout –> Blog so it doesn’t work to simply designate the blog page as the home page because the layout doesn’t work when I do that.

Are you referring to using Your latest posts as the front page displays setting?
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/settings-reading-screen/

If so the blog panel in the customizer will work for the front page.

Caitlin

D’oh! I made the switch from a static page to the setting you suggested. Thanks! That’s exactly what I wanted.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.