- This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Leo.
February 10, 2021 at 9:02 am #1653342Lizzy
Hello, I am trying to change the layout of the header of my website http://www.everythingverysmall.com
8 categories with 8 pictures, with text below to explain what my site consists of. I have some questions.
1. The text below the pictures, how do I make it bold or/and darker?
2. How do I make those text (or pictures) clickable, if that is even possible?
3. If non is possible, how do I make the background lighter so that the text is seen better?
LizzyFebruary 10, 2021 at 10:01 am #1653430DavidStaffCustomer SupportFebruary 10, 2021 at 10:38 am #1653473Lizzy
I would like them to link to Categories
thxFebruary 10, 2021 at 2:24 pm #1653681DavidStaffCustomer Support
Ok so theres a few ways of doing this.
As you have only a few to do i would suggest this:
1. Install the GenerateBlocks plugin:
2. Create a new Block Element:
3. You can now add a Container Block, for background colors etc.
4. Inside the Container Block add a Grid Block.
Select a 4 column grid to begin with.
5. First thing to do is to delete the last 3 blocks in the Grid.
You should now have just a single block that fills around 25% of the Grid.
6. Inside that Block add your Image and and a Headline block below it – you can add a link to your Catagory archive to it, and you can style its colors etc.
7. With that inner Grid Block selected in settings > Advanced give it an Additional CSS Class of:
8. Now once you’re happy with the look of the first block, in the Block Toolbar you will see a
+icon – every click will add a duplicate block. Add as many as you need and upodate image, text and link.
I know its a lot of steps and sounds a lot but its less work than writing code or a lot lighter then adding some other plugins.February 11, 2021 at 4:00 am #1654186Lizzy
All right, thanks a lot, that will help I’m sure!February 11, 2021 at 6:48 am #1654353DavidStaffCustomer SupportFebruary 12, 2021 at 1:01 pm #1656328Lizzy
I need your help again,I’m confused.
Step 1 and step 2 is done.
I am in the ‘add element’ section.
Step 3 adding a container block: do I need to switch to ‘block editor’ for that? And then add a ‘container block’? Because when I am the classic editor, I don’t see the option of adding a container block.
thanks againFebruary 12, 2021 at 1:27 pm #1656346YingStaffCustomer Support
Yes, David’s suggestion is based on block editor 🙂February 13, 2021 at 4:43 am #1656762Lizzy
Thank you Ying;-)February 13, 2021 at 10:42 am #1657142Lizzy
I think that I have finally made this element. How do I replace my header with this element now please? In customize somehow?
thanks againFebruary 13, 2021 at 11:38 am #1657176
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.