[Resolved] make float right navigation hover full height of header

Home Forums Support make float right navigation hover full height of header

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,
    I’d like to make the hover and current background of the primary navigation, which is set to float right, full height of the header, also with the menu text centred vertically. I have spent much time trying to find an user in the forum etc, as well as trying settings in GPP but no joy so far, so I hope you can help,
    Thanks

GP Premium 1.2.96
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi David,

I think this would depend on the height of your logo image. Try adjusting the menu item height first:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/menu-item-height-width/

If this doesn’t work can you provide a link to your site? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, removing the header padding completely and making your logo the same height as your menu items will do that.

Otherwise, removing the header and just using the navigation logo is another option.

David

Thanks Leo, thanks Tom, as I’m sure you’ve guessed I’m new to GPP. My problem was not being aware of the relationship of the logo height to the nav area, assumed I could just use some css to centre it vertically rather than sizing it to the required px depth, so the main header nav design is ok now, and used this code to control the sticky nav:

/* adjust size of sticky menu & logo*/

.main-navigation.navigation-clone .main-nav ul li a {
    line-height: 50px;
    }
    .main-navigation .sticky-logo,
    .main-navigation .sticky-logo img {
    height: 30px;
    }

As a GPP newbie can you point me towards any in-depth video overviews of just using the theme, most seem focused on using Elementor to build the content area so I’ve gotten to grips with that but would really like to get to know the ins and outs of what GPP is fully capable of, so if you can point me somewhere would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Best way to learn GP is to go through the documentation which is growing rapidly: https://docs.generatepress.com/
    There should be a quick video for each of the main features.

There are also LOTS of knowledge in this support forum. I search them a lot myself.

I would say start with those and of course let us know if you have any questions. We are always here to help 🙂

David

Thanks Leo, very much appreciated 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re very welcome 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.