[Resolved] Make a Full Width Container

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Make a Full Width Container

Home Forums Support Make a Full Width Container

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin

Maybe I am losing the plot but I have just started a new site and virtually copied the settings from another site where I have full with container in a page with the main content set at 1300 pixels.

This enables a coloured BG across the full browser window (the container BG) but the content (grid and headline inside the container) is maximum 1300 pixels… However, I can not get the container of the new site to be full width.

I do wish this was easy!

Before I pull the remaining few hairs out, please can you point me to the simple doc or video that explains how to do this?

Thanks.

Martin

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Martin,

Any chance you can link me to the original/working site so I can compare the differences?

Let me know 🙂

Martin

The ‘original site’ is not an original or previous version of the one I am working on. It is just another site made in GP with GB that I managed (somehow) to get full width containers working.

I just want to know how to make a full with container.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Wiki site is using full-width container option here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/

And the 1300px is coming from GB’s container:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/pdagCAY7hspU

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Martin

OMG! How did I miss that?
    No doubt I will miss it again the next time I build a site.
    Easy to miss it when there is a LAYOUT option near the top of the right side panel and the width there was set to FULL WIDTH.
    In my opinion, this shouldn’t need to be going into several places to essentially set the same thing.

But thanks for pointing this out to me.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Easy to miss it when there is a LAYOUT option near the top of the right side panel and the width there was set to FULL WIDTH.

I believe you are referring to GB’s container setting which is different than the GP’s content container setting I pointed out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.