[Resolved] Major Conflict with GeneratePress and Contact Form 7

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Major Conflict with GeneratePress and Contact Form 7

Home Forums Support Major Conflict with GeneratePress and Contact Form 7

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trish

When placing my tabled information on a page using “Contained”, all is as it should be.

BUT… once I add the short code for my Contact Form 7 form, the entire page is then thrust inside the tabled information, including the nav bar… with only the title displayed… and, the nav bar is incorrectly showing Current page. This is followed by:
    There has been a critical error on your website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

When I clicked on the debugging link, well… I do NOT see a resolution to this issue.

In case you think I may have made a mistake in creating the form, it is presently used on the LIVE version of this website. All I did was transfer the data to a cloned version so that I could transfer all pages, posts, etc., to using a better theme.

My form works PERFECTLY in the LIVE version of this site.

Please, heeeeelp?

Thank you in advance,
    Trish

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you try removing the Contact Form 7 plugin – you may need to delete it via FTP.
    Then re-install the plugin. If that fails again, they test for Plugin conflicts by temporarily disabling all other plugins

Trish

@David You were correct in assuming a plugin conflict.

Because this is a cloned version of a LIVE site, I deactivated nearly EVERY plugin… leaving Contact Form 7 and Really Simple CAPTCHA activated… naturally. Still the form would not appear.

So, then I Deactivated Really Simple CAPTCHA… and POOF! The form appeared.

Now using Google’s reCAPTCHA and all is working perfectly.

Who’da thought that CAPTCHA plugin which worked GREAT with the previous theme, wouldn’t work with GeneratePress… or perhaps it is one of the 7 plugins I had to install to replace the goodies that came as part of the previous theme.

SIDE NOTE: Well scripted themes and plugins work wonders when compared to previous theme failures.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    – Trish

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to be of help. And thanks for letting us know the problem and solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.