- This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 11 months ago by bdbrown.
March 12, 2015 at 9:47 pm #85986Rawhi Mohammad
I’m having an issue with the website’s title. I’m using polylang for a multilingual website along with generate press (<–awesome!), but i’m having a title issue.
In the homepage, its supposed to show the title, but instead shows “Language: English | “..
<title>Language: English | </title>
Hopefully someone can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.March 12, 2015 at 11:18 pm #86014TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
If you’re using WordPress 4.1+, GeneratePress is using the built in title-tag which comes with WordPress. This means GeneratePress leaves the title up to WordPress, or plugins that manipulate it (SEO plugins). https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/10/29/title-tags-in-4-1/
Do you have an SEO plugin installed? Maybe do a quick search on this specific issue with Polylang and that plugin?
I haven’t used Polylang much, but I’m thinking this issue may be caused by the plugin itself, or your SEO plugin.
Maybe try contacting the plugin author to see if they can offer any advice – if it’s something GeneratePress related I’ll definitely take a look 🙂
One thing to test: Try switching the theme to TwentyFifteen for a moment – if the title displays correctly, we know it’s GeneratePress related and I can debug further.
Let me know 🙂March 12, 2015 at 11:36 pm #86016Rawhi Mohammad
First off, thanks for the quick reply.
I switched the theme and it was still the same. I guess that means GeneratePress is A-Ok!
These are the plugins im using..
ABD Dashboard Widget Manager
Arabic-Indic Numerals for Arabic
Display Posts Shortcode
Just Variables for WordPress
PHP Text Widget
Query Multiple Taxonomies
Simple Custom CSS
Remove Category URL
Smart Maintenance Mode
I dont know which of these are SEO plugins. I’m still not sure this title problem could have came from, it was working previously.. until these past few days. Any ideas.March 12, 2015 at 11:40 pm #86017TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Try disabling each plugin one by one until it goes away.
If it doesn’t go away, it may be a new feature in Polylang itself that you’ll need to ask how to bypass.March 14, 2015 at 7:21 am #86812Rawhi Mohammad
Once I disabled polylang, the title came back. But I dont kniw hiw ti fix it, this never happened to me before.March 14, 2015 at 11:23 am #86881TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Hmm, I’m afraid you’ll have to contact the Polylang developers and let them know that it’s happening.
You can tell them the issue is probably caused by WordPress’ new title-tag feature, which they should definitely integrate into their next version: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/10/29/title-tags-in-4-1/
Sorry I can’t be more helpful! Let me know what they say.November 2, 2015 at 6:20 am #149758yash
contents of home page is not visible.
please look into the matter and provide assistance.November 2, 2015 at 10:26 am #149803bdbrown
@yash – Your question is really not related to this topic. Please start a new topic and provide additional details describing the problem. Also a link to your site would be helpful. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.