[Resolved] Main Page Title not showing correctly + polylang

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main Page Title not showing correctly + polylang

Home Forums Support Main Page Title not showing correctly + polylang

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    First

Hello All,

I’m having an issue with the website’s title. I’m using polylang for a multilingual website along with generate press (<–awesome!), but i’m having a title issue.

In the homepage, its supposed to show the title, but instead shows “Language: English | “..
    <title>Language: English | </title>

This page () helped me out a little with the titles on all other pages, but I couldn’t figure it out for the homepage.

Hopefully someone can help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you’re using WordPress 4.1+, GeneratePress is using the built in title-tag which comes with WordPress. This means GeneratePress leaves the title up to WordPress, or plugins that manipulate it (SEO plugins). https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/10/29/title-tags-in-4-1/

Do you have an SEO plugin installed? Maybe do a quick search on this specific issue with Polylang and that plugin?

I haven’t used Polylang much, but I’m thinking this issue may be caused by the plugin itself, or your SEO plugin.

Maybe try contacting the plugin author to see if they can offer any advice – if it’s something GeneratePress related I’ll definitely take a look ๐Ÿ™‚

One thing to test: Try switching the theme to TwentyFifteen for a moment – if the title displays correctly, we know it’s GeneratePress related and I can debug further.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

First

First off, thanks for the quick reply.

I switched the theme and it was still the same. I guess that means GeneratePress is A-Ok!

These are the plugins im using..
    ABD Dashboard Widget Manager
    Arabic-Indic Numerals for Arabic
    Display Posts Shortcode
    Display Widgets
    GP Premium
    Just Variables for WordPress
    PHP Text Widget
    Polylang
    Query Multiple Taxonomies
    Simple Custom CSS
    Remove Category URL
    Smart Maintenance Mode

I dont know which of these are SEO plugins. I’m still not sure this title problem could have came from, it was working previously.. until these past few days. Any ideas.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try disabling each plugin one by one until it goes away.

If it doesn’t go away, it may be a new feature in Polylang itself that you’ll need to ask how to bypass.

First

Once I disabled polylang, the title came back. But I dont kniw hiw ti fix it, this never happened to me before.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I’m afraid you’ll have to contact the Polylang developers and let them know that it’s happening.

You can tell them the issue is probably caused by WordPress’ new title-tag feature, which they should definitely integrate into their next version: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/10/29/title-tags-in-4-1/

Sorry I can’t be more helpful! Let me know what they say.

yash

contents of home page is not visible.
    please look into the matter and provide assistance.

bdbrown

@yash – Your question is really not related to this topic. Please start a new topic and provide additional details describing the problem. Also a link to your site would be helpful. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.