[Support request] Main nav logo not displaying

Home Forums Support [Support request] Main nav logo not displaying

Home Forums Support Main nav logo not displaying

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    STENCIL

I’m not very techy but I managed to add the custom logo hook for the inside slideout nav thanks to your forums ๐Ÿ™‚

I assumed by testing that in customise/identity the inside slideout nav logo uses the regular one – so I changed it to a white version (as the overlay menu is blue) Which worked great.

And then assumed the retina logo is for the main nav version, so I set that as a blue version (as it sits on white).

But my main nav logo is not displaying anymore – showing the icon for an image not loading.

Both are SVG files, and the blue one did work when the custom logo hook wasn’t there.

I’ve set the header, mobile header on and added a blue svg there and that works – so the mobile menu is good.

Just can’t get the main nav to display its logo now.

Can you help?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The retina logo is to show on screens that have higher resolutions.

Since your logo is SVG file, you do NOT need to add a retina logo.

And for a better understanding of your situation, can you link us to your site?

STENCIL

Thank you – I just did a test on Safari and it is working there but not on Chrome. Oddly it worked before I added the custom logo hook on Chrome.

STENCIL

I’d like the logo in the overlay menu to be white (as it’s on blue)
    And the logo on the nav bar – both mobile and desktop to be blue (as it’s on white)

Perhaps it is something I can do with css as the logo is an svg? I assumed I could use two logo files.

STENCIL

I’ve removed the retina version as I think that was confusing things. I can detect the white one is there and working – but it is on white, so not ideal – just looking to find out how I can have two colours of the logo in use please. One for the main nav, one for the slide out overlay menu. The slide out menu is currently correct.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can choose the blue logo for the header at customizer > site identity.

STENCIL

So if I set the blue in customizer / site identity – Logo. Where can I upload the white one for inside the off-canvas slideout overlay menu?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to add a logo to the Off Canvas Overlay:

1. In Appearance > GeneratePress – Activate the Elements module

2. Appearance > Elements -> New -> Block element.
    2.1 In the Block Element, sidebar settings see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-hook/

The Element Type will be Hook and the Hook will be: inside_slidout_navigation

2.2 In the editor add an Image block and add your Image. If you’re using GenerateBlocks, then use the GenerateBlocks Image Block as it has more styling controls for spacing.

2.3 Set the Display Rules > Location to: Entire Site

2.4 Publish the Element.

STENCIL

That has worked! Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.