[Resolved] Main mobile nav menu works, but main desktop nav doesn’t work

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main mobile nav menu works, but main desktop nav doesn’t work

Home Forums Support Main mobile nav menu works, but main desktop nav doesn’t work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi all, I’m having a strange issue with my main navigation menu in the page header. The submenus will drop down in the mobile version of the site, but they don’t work on the desktop version. The submenu doesn’t drop down when you hover over the “Directory” menu on the desktop version of the site.

I’ve disabled all plugins and still have the issue. I’ve checked the browser console and the error logs and don’t see anything that would be an issue.

Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

It seems a part of the theme CSS is missing, can you try disabling all your cache/performance plugins to test?

If you have cache activated at the server level, please disable that as well.

Let me know!

Mark

Hi Ying, I updated the theme and plugin. It looks like it didn’t update correctly previously. The menu is still not working. I’ve disabled caching for the URL I sent you.

Mark

I just confirmed that hover on the secondary menu works fine, but it still doesn’t work on the primary menu. Strange!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

I see. That’s strange indeed. To check if a third party plugin is causing this, can you try #1 here?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

It would be good to take a backup of your site before doing so.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Mark

Hi Fernando, thanks for getting back to me. I’ve already disabled all plugins and it didn’t resolve the issue. I cleared caches in the browser and on the server and have used a few different browsers, but it hasn’t resolved the problem. I switched to the Twenty Twenty-Two theme and the menus worked fine. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Strange. We have not had any other reports on this.

Can you disable all plugins and provide the dashboard access to your staging site so we can take a quick look?

Make sure to activate the parent theme if you are using a child theme as well.

You can use the private URL field.

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Leo, thanks for your help on this. The feedback I got from you all helped me narrow down where the issue was and resolve it. It looks like we’re all good now. Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.