Main menu not responding on mobile

Home Forums Support Main menu not responding on mobile

Home Forums Support Main menu not responding on mobile

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Walters

(Hopefully) Quick question: It seems that my main menu is no longer working on mobile. It’s fine on a desktop, but nothing happens when I (or anyone else) attempts to open it on a mobile device.

Where should I begin to remedy this?

Thanks!
    Lisa
    CreativLEI.com

Andre Seidel

The main menu doesn’t work with small browser windows.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try clearing your caching plugin?

Lisa Walters

I’m not certain how to do that on my phone (iPhone 5). My secondary navigation is working fine on mobile, just the main navigation isn’t.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can both of you try #1 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Also, make sure you’re using the latest version of GP (1.3.21) and GP Premium (1.2.77).

Martin

Hi,

I tried all of the suggestions and could not get the mobile menu to work.

It look a long time to figure out the problem and I did resolve it but the solution was not ideal.

The issue was with a Text Widget that I had in the sidbar that displayed Amazon Associates adverts.

When I removed this widget the mobile menus started working again.

Thought I would highlight this in case others have Amazon ads running on their site.

Could a fix be done for this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Typically this will only happen when there’s a javascript error on the page – it will prevent other javascript from executing (the mobile menu).

Can you re-add the ad and link me to your site so I can see?

Thanks!

matt

I LOVE the theme and was so happy to find it today, but my mobile menu isn’t responding either.
    I click it and nothing…nothing at all.

newheightschristianchurch.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like a javascript error in the js-banner-rotate plugin you have installed.

If you deactivate that plugin all should work 🙂

Martin

Hi Tom,

I have re-added the java script in a Text Widget and have found the menu on mobiles is not working again.

Please take a look at my site at http://www.livingonboats.co.uk

The java script is from an ebay custom banner generated directly from ebay’s partner network ssytem if that helps. I did refer to Amazon in my original post but that is incorrect, it’s a ebay custom banner.

Please let me know when you have had a look so I can remove it again to get the menu working on mobile.

Thanks.

Martin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This is the error in the eBay script (even they aren’t perfect): Uncaught ReferenceError: isFlashEnabled is not defined

In their script, look for: &flashEnabled=

Try to give it a value like: &flashEnabled=true

Might be worth a shot?

Martin

Hi Tom,

I tried as suggested but then the banner did not display.

Here is a snippet of the script showing the area you mentioned.

[COLORTWO]&format=ImageLink&contentType=TEXT_AND_IMAGE&enableSearch=y&usePopularSearches=n&freeShipping=n&topRatedSeller=n&itemsWithPayPal=n&descriptionSearch=n&showKwCatLink=n&excludeCatId=&excludeKeyword=&catId=1293&disWithin=200&ctx=n&autoscroll=y&title=Houseboats&flashEnabled=' + isFlashEnabled + '&pageTitle=' + _epn__pageTitle + '&cachebuster=' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000000 )) + '">\x3C/script>' );
    </script>

Changed &flashEnabled=’ to &flashEnabled=true and banner did not display.

Any other ideas?

Martin

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Martin.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s the full script provided by eBay? What’s [COLORTWO]?

matt

DUUUUUDE, THANK YOU!
    I shall send you coffee or something!
    You are my IT Department…only better!!!!!

Martin

Hi Tom,

Sorry, that was not the full script. Here is the full one.

<script type="text/javascript" src='http://adn.ebay.com/files/js/min/jquery-1.6.2-min.js'></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src='http://adn.ebay.com/files/js/min/ebay_activeContent-min.js'></script>
    <script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript">
    document.write('\x3Cscript type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://adn.ebay.com/cb?programId=15&campId=5335840108&toolId=10026&keyword=%28canal+boat%2Chouseboat%2Cliveaboard%2Cnarrowboat%29&width=160&height=800&font=1&textColor=000000&linkColor=0000AA&arrowColor=8BBC01&color1=709AEE&color2=[COLORTWO]&format=ImageLink&contentType=TEXT_AND_IMAGE&enableSearch=y&usePopularSearches=n&freeShipping=n&topRatedSeller=n&itemsWithPayPal=n&descriptionSearch=n&showKwCatLink=n&excludeCatId=&excludeKeyword=&catId=1293&disWithin=200&ctx=n&autoscroll=y&title=Houseboats&flashEnabled=' + isFlashEnabled + '&pageTitle=' + _epn__pageTitle + '&cachebuster=' + (Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000000 )) + '">\x3C/script>' );
    </script>
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.