[Resolved] Main content area lacking padding, unaffected by container width setting

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main content area lacking padding, unaffected by container width setting

Home Forums Support Main content area lacking padding, unaffected by container width setting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Robin

Pages on the site that I am editing with the standard editor or the block editor consistently show zero padding and act like the container width is set to full, regardless of what it is actually set at. Only the Menus respond to changing the container width setting in Customize. These pages are set to Default for container size under the individual page controls. I want these pages to include the general padding settings, since it looks bad having the words smashed against the sides of the page. Those pages I’ve made with Elementor do not have this issue, but I can’t (and don’t wish to) use it for all content. I did add some code for adding padding to individual posts, but would like to fix the page issue as well. Thank you.

The Publications page is set for the blog content right now – under Resources

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to a page like /programs?

If so I’m seeing the full width page builder container applied.

It’s easier applied using the layout metabox:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Or a layout element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/#content-1

Robin

The problem is that every page *not* built with Elementor is acting like a full width page, aside from the menus. I have all the layout metaboxes on these pages set to “Default”. The container width in the GP layout element is set to 1100 px with padding at 40 all around. It is very obvious on the blog page at /publications.

Robin

I found the issue. I had a Basic Layout Element set to full width, which was being applied to these pages, overriding the container width and padding settings. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

mohinish

Hi I’m facing the same problem. Can you guide how exactly did you solve this issue? I can’t seem to find ‘basic layout element’ on the child theme. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Check Dashboard > Appearance > Elements.

mohinish

Hi Leo,
    My problem seems to be different then.
    For me, even the drop-down menu in navigation isn’t working.
    https://mohinishnirwal.com/
    I uninstalled one plugin. Not sure what exactly is causing this problem. Maybe Rank Match I just installed?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new topic for your question?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.