[Resolved] Main Blog Page not Responsive

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Main Blog Page not Responsive

Home Forums Support Main Blog Page not Responsive

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gayle

Hi Tom – I am viewing a site on my iPhone and the Blog page is not responsive like the other pages – it is only taking up half the screen. Here is the link: http://chronicdiseasealliancemanitoba.org/news-events/

All is fine on my laptop. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
    Gayle

bdbrown

Hi Gayle. I just loaded your site on an iPhone 4 and it looks ok. Content is full-screen width in a single column with the sidebar below the content.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, just a guess, but it may be the link in this article: B.C. Has Lowest Obesity Rates In Canada

Instead of adding the full link in there, try adding it to some text like: See publication

Just an example πŸ™‚

Rosaleen

Hi Tom, My main page is unresponsive but only in the section where I used columns and the header for some reason. The rest of the site seems fine – any suggestions? On my mobile the header is tiny and on my iMac (27 inch) it is huge and getting chopped – its fine on my laptop…. Confused!! Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Rosaleen,

Can you link me to your site so I can take a look?

Rosaleen

its currently here: http://www.boxedwexfordstorage.ie/wordpress, my issue is mainly with a plugin I used for the grid lines – one that you suggested – I cant get it to centre eventhough it is set to centre its off to the left. Also the header isn’t responsive on a mobile – it might be the image I am using…. Sorry very new to this πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

First, remove the 50px of padding you set on the H4.

Then, set the grid to grid-33 – not grid-30.

That should center it more πŸ™‚

Gayle

Hi Tom and bdbrown,

Thanks for your replies. I am able to shorten the links you mentioned, however, am I able to send you a screen shot of what is happening to the layout of the main blog page?

I am testing on an iPhone 5c and in the vertical position, the page is only using just over half of the screen – and the longer links running over past the edge of the content area. It is only happening on the “New and Events” page which is the main blog page.

How can I send you a screen shot?

Thanks,
    Gayle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can email it to: support@generatepress.com

Mention this thread in your email =)

Gayle

Hi Tom – just fixed the links as it seems to have corrected the problem. Is this typical responsive behaviour when using full links? I’ve never had this happen before. Thanks for your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, it’s because without any spaces the link can’t break onto the next line, so it just keeps going.

There’s little reason to display full links though, as you can just hyperlink words for the same results, and it looks nicer πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.