[Resolved] Love GenerateBlocks, how can I adjust image arrangement for mobile

Home Forums Support Love GenerateBlocks, how can I adjust image arrangement for mobile

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tris

We’ve been using GeneratePress for almost a year now and are really happy with how Sections and Elements make our lives easier.

Yesterday I started playing with the new GenerateBlocks plugin. I’ve been able to recreate a lot of what I’ve been able to do with Sections, etc except for one thing: How to get the order of images and text right on desktop vs mobile.

On my site I have the standard:

image – text
    text – image
    image – text

layout.

On mobile, however (and of course) I get

text
    text

What’s the best way using GenerateBlocks (without duplicating images and having them show/hide on mobile) to get

text
    text
    text

On mobile.

I’m good with editing CSS and HTML to make this work.

Thanks in advance

Tom Lead Developer

Hi there,

Check out the “Order” option in the Container block under “Advanced”. You can order each container block on all devices. Negative orders are possible as well.

We do this on the GenerateBlocks homepage right now 🙂

Tris

Thanks Tom! I found that option about 30 mins after I asked. Thank you for confirming I was on the right track.

I found to keep things controlled right I put each grid its own container. Doing the “add grid” into the same container had very unexpected results. Unless I had to number order each thing. If I did that would order 1 be top and order n+1 be next in line?

David Customer Support

Hi there,

yes 1 would place the item at the top in a mobile stack, as long as you then give every other grid item a higher order value as well.

However, with the order value – it is the lowest value that comes first which includes negative numbers. Example:
    if you have a two column grid. And you want the right hand column to appear first on mobile give it an order value of -1.
    You don’t need to give the left hand column a value as it has an implied ( automatic ) value of 1.

Tris

Awesome! Thank you.

David Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.