[Support request] Lots of Google Fonts loaded which aren’t used (anymore)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lots of Google Fonts loaded which aren’t used (anymore)

Home Forums Support Lots of Google Fonts loaded which aren’t used (anymore)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yoeri

Hello! πŸ™‚

I already searched for other topics and find similar errors but didn’t find the solution myself. On my website different Google Fonts are loaded: the ones I use now but also fonts which are used in the past.

Since I’m optimizing the website for speed I’m curious how to disable the fonts loading which I’m not using anymore.

I’ve also read that some plugins load the fonts but I can not find which ones, maybe you have some cool developer trick to find out? πŸ™‚

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your response.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check the Customizer > Typography settings to make sure none of those old fonts are still being requested.

Yoeri

In customizer none of the other fonts are selected, double checked it. Now different fonts are loading and I do not know how or where they come from.

Robot Slab for example is never used and is now loading.

Maybe plugins are loading them but I don’t know how to find out.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The themes CSS is loading Raleway for the Headings and Body which would be selected in the Customizer. If you want you can remove the unused variants ( font weights ) – by removing those tags in the typography settings – see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/google-font-variants/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.