[Resolved] Lost my whole layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lost my whole layout

Home Forums Support Lost my whole layout

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JJ

Oh my goodness not again…I really want to use this theme, but this is now the 3rd time I need to reinstall my site from scratch, hoping someone would be able to help me. I’m busy with optimization and have lost my layout. My menu is now all of a sudden below each other and my product pictures are huge? I had the price next to my product pictures but its big now with price info below it.

http://www.vsibikes.com

Please can someone save me here?

Much appreciated

JJ

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would need some more information to help.

What steps did you take right before this happened?

Installed a caching plugin perhaps?

Restarting from scratch is never necessary with WordPress unless your database is deleted (not easy to do).

JJ

Mother of goodness that was a quick response, thanks Tom

Man, I installed quite a few things Gzip, Pic compressors, some other optimization tools etc. Funny thing is now if I load the Mantle theme everything is fine, as soon as I go back to GP then its all weird.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Switching between themes can cause weirdness, like the need to re-set your menu theme location and widgets.

Widgets and menus are stored in the theme’s table in the database, so when you switch themes you need to re-set these sometimes.

Let me know if that helps or not 🙂

JJ

I never really worked in GP theme, just loaded it, then Mantle and then built my sit on that….then all of a sudden the weirdness haha

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So this weirdness happened after switching themes, or installing plugins?

JJ

I only switched themes now to check if the Mantle theme does the same…Mantle layout seems fine. I renamed the GP folder now on root and reinstalled the theme, but still the menu items are below each other and picture sizes are big.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can I see?

JJ

Much appreciated Tom, holy crap I wish my internet service provider gave me this good service.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m willing to bet it’s one of your caching/gzip plugins.

Can you try clearing your W3 Total Cache and deactivating the plugin?

JJ

You da man Tom. I honestly have no words…thank you. Fixed up, Gzip Ninja the culprit.

I really appreciate your time. I’ll buy you a coffee…also, next time your in South Africa, I’ll buy you a real coffee 😉

Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad I could help!

Thanks! Would love to see South Africa one day 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.