[Resolved] Loss of button formatting and cant turn off sidebars in woocommerce shop pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Loss of button formatting and cant turn off sidebars in woocommerce shop pages

Home Forums Support Loss of button formatting and cant turn off sidebars in woocommerce shop pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Hi
    I am setting up a WooCommerce shop on a website and have ran into a couple of issues.
    Firstly, when I turn off the sidebars on the shop pages, they do not disappear.
    Secondly, I have a button in the top bar (top right) to a ‘My Journal’ page that loses its formatting (colours etc) in the shop pages.
    Is there anything that can do done about this?
    I have included a link in the private information field.
    Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Ian

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Ian,

For the sidebar issue, where did you turn it off?
    Just to make sure you turn it off in customizer options.
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#shop

For the button CSS doesn’t apply issue, try to replace .button.my-journal with a.button.my-journal

Let me know how it works.

Ian

Hi
    Thank you for your help.
    I tried the different CSS and it worked beautifully… thank you so much.
    Regarding the sidebars, I was using the page specific setting but found it in the customizer and again it worked wonderfully.
    Again, thank you for all your help.
    Please can I ask, is there a way to display the left sidebar only on posts within a specific category?
    Thank you once again.
    Ian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can use the Layout Element to change sidebars and other layout issues with dynamic display rules:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

So you can set it to no sidebars and set your display rules to Post Category > Your Post Category

Ian

That all worked wonderfully.
    Thank you again.
    Ian

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.