[Resolved] Looking for a Good Tutorial for GP Premium, GB Pro, and FSE?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Looking for a Good Tutorial for GP Premium, GB Pro, and FSE?

Home Forums Support Looking for a Good Tutorial for GP Premium, GB Pro, and FSE?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samuel

I’m a long time GP Premium user and started using GB Pro as son as it came out. I’m starting a new web project for a site that will launch early next year. After it launches we will have several phases of new features on the site so I want to create the best foundation.And we are building from scratch so there is no need for backwards compatibility. However, I haven’t done a new site in GP/GB since January of this year and it feels like a lot has been changing in WordPress, GP, and GB so I need to get up to date.

Are there any recommended tutorials online to get up to speed with the current and future best practices to building out a site with GP Premium and GB Pro? I know there have been several changes in GB Pro and that WordPress 5.9 will bring changes to Full-Site Editing. Because this project will not go live until next year, I’m happy to do the early build of the test site using beta versions so we build the site in line with where things are going instead of older paradigms that may not work well in the future.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. I have watched the promo video about GP as a block-based theme builder. I just want to make sure I build with best practices in mind so I wanted to see if there are some great tutorials about best practices with where GP/GB is heading 🙂

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We don’t exactly have a step-by-step tutorial to anything but if you need learning materials, I’d recommend the FF:

1.) GeneratePress Documentation – https://docs.generatepress.com/
    2.) GeneratePress YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoHk-JZFs1N-iI2DQlIKVnA
    3.) Mike Oliver’s GeneratePress course – https://mikeoliver.me/generatepress-generateblocks-course/

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Samuel

Thanks for the reply. I’ll browse through the documentation and see if I can get up to speed. I went through Mike’s course when it first came out, but it’s not updated yet for the new changed in GP and GB. Is there a current beta version of GP/GB that I should be building with? We’re in test mode so bugs aren’t a problem I just want to make sure we don’t have to rebuild elements of the site with all the changes that seem to be coming with WordPress 5.9, etc.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there are no current beta versions of GP/GPP/GB – we don’t expect their to be any immediate changes with the release of 5.9 aside from any ‘bug fixes’ that it may introduce.

GP will continue to support and develop its ‘hybrid’ full site editing using Block Elements and GB for the foreseeable future. We’ll look at unlocking core FSE features in the future once we feel its stable and it adds benefit.

Samuel

Awesome–thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.