[Resolved] Logo on Sticky menu looses quality since las update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Logo on Sticky menu looses quality since las update

Home Forums Support Logo on Sticky menu looses quality since las update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jorge

Hi, since last update I´ve notices that the logo on the sticky menu appears with less quality and is the same logo that I´ve used from the begining.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site where i can see the issue ?

Jorge

Hi David. It seems that the logo has lost the resolution but not as I told you when is shown on the sticky menu but in both of them, in the main menu and in the sticky one. I´ve tried to upload that png in different widhts with the same result. In this case I´m using a 350px width png.

I am sure that before the last updates it did not show as poor as now.

You can check it in:
    https://www.ricosancarborec.es/ here is a 350 ps wudth png
    or
    https://www.plataformascebrian.com/ here is a very big png

Thanks as always DAvid.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jorge,

I set the logo image of header to 350px x 53px which is the original size of the image itself (left), and open the image itself in another window(right).

As you can see the two looks the same:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/7TO5KT1E6BTA

It does loose resolution when the image is being resized using CSS, I would recommend using SVG instead of PNG for logo.

Let me know if I miss anything.

Jorge

Thanks Ying. I´ve got it only in png format. Can you tell me how can I convert it in svg, please?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not aware of any tools that can convert png to svg very well automatically, I think a designer who’s familiar with Adobe illustrator is what you need 🙂

Jorge

Thanks Ying. I´ve learned ho to do it with Photoshop so this is clear. Anyway I do not understand why until one of the last updates the logo was shown correctly. Perhaps you shoulud know how to modify the CSS rule that makes this issue and let me know it. I´ve checked it in three different devices and in all of them is shown very poor.

I´ll wait for your answer.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This isn’t something that can be fixed with CSS.

We haven’t changed anything related to the sticky navigation logo etc so the change shouldn’t be due to the date.

SVG logo is the best as Ying suggested 🙂

Jorge

Thanks Leo. All what I´ve read about using SVG images are bad notices related with security, so I´m afraid about using it. What do the experts like you think about all this?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not aware of any issues with SVG logo.

We are using it in this site and all of our site library templates as well 🙂

Jorge

Thanks Leo

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.