[Support request] Logo loading in time

Home Forums Support [Support request] Logo loading in time

Home Forums Support Logo loading in time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Louise

Hello!

I wondered if I could get some help with my logo loading in slowly? It was taking ages to load in and so I converted the logo file to a much lower resolution version and replaced the original with this (under customise, site identity).

At first I thought this had solved the problem as my homepage logo on the desktop seemed to pop up straight away. But now it’s very slow to load in again. It’s slow on all the pages of the website and it’s particularly slow on the mobile version.

Any advice gratefully received, thanks so much

Louise

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Louise,

Can you link me to your site?

Louise

Hi Ying, thanks for getting in touch.

It’s louiselakey.com

Unless you mean link you to it some other way? (I’m a novice 🙂 )

Thanks so much, Louise

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Louise,

Do you have a caching/optimization plugin? Can you disable it temporarily, and we’ll check again?

Louise

Thanks Fernando.

I found a performance plug in from IONOS (the web hosting company I’ve gone through) This is the only one of this nature I can see and I’ve disabled it.

Louise

Louise

Hello, I wondered if there was any further help available with this query? I disable the cache plugin I found a few days ago and I’m not sure if it’s okay to remain disabled for a period of time? Is this plugin what might be causing the logo to load in slowly? Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Louise

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I disable the cache plugin I found a few days ago and I’m not sure if it’s okay to remain disabled for a period of time?

Caching plugins are not required for your site to function properly 🙂

Is this plugin what might be causing the logo to load in slowly?

Does the issue occur with the plugin disabled?

Louise

Hya, no I’ve just looked at the site from a mobile device and the logo is still initially loading in quite slowly. Anything else I could try? Many thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Louise,

Just checked your site, and the logo file is 20.3MB, it’s way too big to load for the browser.

So the reason for this issue is the logo file itself.

The logo file size is better to be controlled under 150KB.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.