[Resolved] Location rules stopped working for custom taxonomy

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Location rules stopped working for custom taxonomy

Home Forums Support Location rules stopped working for custom taxonomy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Diego

Hi,

I’ve created some custom post types and taxonomies for my site. I created some Elements and set them to display on the custom taxonomy archives. It worked perfectly, and they’re still showing.

The problem is that for some reason when I access the Elements now to edit them, the taxonomy archives have disappeared from the Location Display Rules.

So I can’t select the taxonomy archives page, and if I save the Elements, they won’t be displayed anymore (I did a test with a cloned Element, don’t want to lose them).

I’ve checked my code for the custom taxonomies and haven’t changed anything in a month. I think the last update I’ve done was GeneratePress to the last version and some other plugins.

Not sure how it has happened or when tbh.

My custom taxonomy is still showing in the admin dashboard, and working fine.

I guess I could find a workaround in code with filters and custom archive templates and all, but I have a few Elements already created and that would be painful tbh (and I prefer the editors could still access it).

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Diego,

Let’s do some debugging steps:

1. Disable all plugins except GP premium and the one that creates the CPT.

2. Switch back to the parent theme.

Let me know how that goes.

Diego

Done, tested it both with the child theme and the parent theme. They’re still don’t showing :/

Thanks for your quick response btw

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you keep all the plugins deactivated and switch to parent theme?

We can have a look at the backend then ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know.

Diego

Sure! I’ve done it. I’ll leave them deactivated until you have time to check it.

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for doing that, can you also send me the link of the CPT archive page?

Diego

Here’s one of them: https://staging-astrostylecom.kinsta.cloud/astrology/topics/planets-chart/

The header with the breadcrumb shortcode, headline and description is inside an Element.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Diego,

Trying to reproduce this on your staging site.

I added a Test Element and set it to the taxonomy – it seems to be working. Can you check to see if I’m trying the right thing? If not, can you tell me which conditions I should be testing?

Thanks!

Diego

Hi Tom, thanks for checking it.

The issue is I can’t select the “Learn Article Topic Archive” on the display options. So now I can only display Elements on pages with that taxonomy, but not on the archives. The old Elements assigned to those archives are still working though, so it seems like a front-end issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Diego

Damn, I was so sure I already had tried that…

That fixed it. Thanks so much, Tom.

Have a nice day.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! You too ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.