[Resolved] Local Font Upload ttf file denied

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Local Font Upload ttf file denied

Home Forums Support Local Font Upload ttf file denied

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Swan

Hello,

I was following the tutorial how to host fonts on GP locally. Unfortunately the ttf file was not allowed due to security reasons. All other files I could upload. Is there something new in WP?

I am on PHP 7.4. Newest GP, Newest WP

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you using any security plugins?

If not then I’d recommend checking with your hosting support.

Melanie Swan

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Rostyslav

I have the same problem. Called to my hosting and they are not blocking that file. I installed wordpress in local and its also not working. ttf file denied.

Rostyslav

I had to temporarily add the following code to wp-config.php:

define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true);

And then of course deleted it as soon as I had uploaded the font.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad to hear you found a solution to the issue.
    As a general note – if you have .woff and .woff2 variants of the font then .ttf isn’t really required.

Oliver

I´m having the same problem. Is there a way to add that code define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true); with a snippet?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that code needs to go in the wp-config theres no snippet alternative for that.
    Is it only the ttf file you’re having an issue with ?

Oliver

Hi David,
    I´m sorry for the late reply, I was not home. It won´t allow me to upload the tff, woff and woff2 files, either using the media uploader nor through ftp connection. I can only upload the html and eot files from the unzipped folder. My hosting provider shouldn´t be the issue as they themselves have a couple of blog posts where they recommend their clients to self-host google fonts.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Oliver,

Are you not able to access the wp-config through FTP? If not, can you reach out to your Hosting Provider for assistance with regards to accessing that file?

Oliver

Hi Fernando, I didn´t know I should look for a config.php file and edit it, I thought that was something that could be done in the theme file editor.
    Just to be sure, I connect via ftp, search for config.php, download a copy and add the code define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true);, with notepad, upload the edited file after removing the original, upload the fonts, and edit the config.php to remove define('ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS', true); and replace the newly edited file after deleting the file with the code.

Rostyslav
    Fernando
    Customer Support

Yes, that’s correct. You may learn more about the process here: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/sorry-this-file-type-is-not-permitted-for-security-reasons/#how

You may also try Rotyslav’s suggestion if you don’t want to do it that way.

Oliver

Thanks a lot both of you guys, have a nice day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.