[Resolved] 'Load more posts' button loads pages & WP Show Posts lists instead of blog posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] 'Load more posts' button loads pages & WP Show Posts lists instead of blog posts

Home Forums Support 'Load more posts' button loads pages & WP Show Posts lists instead of blog posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

Infinite Scroll has been active on my site since first switching to GP but only just recently it has begun displaying the wrong posts and breaking the site.

Instead of revealing the 10 subsequent blog posts, clicking the ‘more posts’ button loads 6 posts from WP Show Posts Pro. All of their classes are wrong, the posts display awkwardly and without images, and many of these were already displayed above in the initial 10 posts. After deactivating WP Show Posts Pro the ‘more posts’ button now loads a page — the home page — instead of more blog posts. In both cases, after that initial click the ‘more posts’ button becomes hidden and any additional post loading becomes impossible.

Tried making changes in General > Blog to remove the button or use masonry layout instead but nothing fixes this issue. I thought maybe GP Premium 1.10.0 was responsible, however reverting back to 1.9.1 revealed that the recent update is not to blame. Temporarily deactivated other plugins to eliminate potential compatibility issues, still no luck. Absolutely mystified to the point of needing to ask for some help. What do you think could be causing this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that is odd – and it seems to only happen on the Blog page – i tested a couple of Category Archives and it seems to work fine….

What happens if you disable the infinite scroll ?

Matthew

Very odd indeed, right?? If I disable the infinite scroll then I get the usual 1 2 3 … 87 pagination works fine. However for numerous reasons I want to avoid readers having to load new pages to keep browsing — especially for categories with content above the post loop.

FYI, when I first upgraded to GP Premium 1.10.0 I received one of those fatal error emails from WP that also has to do with ajax. Seems like quite a coincidence but not sure if that is useful information or not. Here are the details from the WP email:

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, GP Premium.
    First, visit your website (https://theholidaze.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://theholidaze.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php) and check for any visible issues.

As a final note, if I change the home page to a different page, that new page is the one that shows when you click more posts. It’s always the page tagged as home. I also tried changing the blog page to a new page but the same issue persists.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Infinite scroll makes a request to the next page and gathers the available posts.

In this case, your pagination isn’t working. For example, go to /blog/page/2 and you’ll see it removes the “blog” part of the URL and doesn’t display posts at all. Maybe there’s a redirect happening somewhere on the server-side of things?

Matthew

You’re right, the .htaccess file was modified last week. Fixed that and the pagination fixed. Thank you for the assistance, much appreciated!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.