[Resolved] Load more button loads the same posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Load more button loads the same posts

Home Forums Support Load more button loads the same posts

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Leo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Harsha Kiran Gudibandi

Hello. I have a problem with the infinite scroll/load more button. https://whattobecome.com/blog/ when I click on the load more button, it loads the same posts all over again. I’m not using a plugin, the load more button is enabled from the customize section. The same happens for all archives. Let me know what can I do to fix this, thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have any plugins , custom functions or a child theme installed ?

Harsha Kiran Gudibandi

Yes, I have a child theme installed and it’s the active one.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you temporarily disable that and any other plugins to see if any of those are the cause.

Harsha Kiran Gudibandi

I switched to the original GP theme and it didn’t change anything. I’ve also deactivated all plugins, one by one, and everything stayed the same. With one change–I couldn’t access the blog archive when I deactivated the GP Premium plugin.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Strange. Nothing has changed in the infinite load more function and we haven’t had other reports on this.

Can you provide the dashboard login for us to test?
    Please disable all plugins except for GP Premium and activate the parent theme.
    If this is not possible then please start a staging site.

Thanks!

Harsha Kiran Gudibandi

Hey. Solved it by removing the button since your suggestion didn’t work either. It worked, but then when I started activating plugins one by one to see which one is causing the problem it stopped working again and since it was too time-consuming, I just removed the button and left the infinite scroll and now it works.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry what button are you referring to?

Let me know if you’d like another look.

Harsha Kiran Gudibandi

As I said in the initial message, there was a load more button and when I clicked on it, same posts loaded. However, I removed the button now and infinite load works properly

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s very strange indeed – it shouldn’t matter if you are using a button or not.

Just let us know if you want a deeper look at this – we will need to go through some debugging steps as we are unable to replicate the issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.