[Support request] LIVE & EDIT ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Home Forums Support [Support request] LIVE & EDIT ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Home Forums Support LIVE & EDIT ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jane

My live view and my edit view are completely different. In view there is a header & footer menu, a logo, background and more. The minute I click “EDIT PAGE” everything is gone. Please explain what is happening and how to fix it. Thank you.

https://boostyourretirementincome.com/ THIS IS THE LIVE VERSION

https://boostyourretirementincome.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3563&action=edit THIS IS THE EDIT VERSION

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you edit the post, you ONLY edit the content, the headers and footers are outside the content.
    If you want to:

Edit Menus – those are in Appearance > Menus
    Edit Widget areas such as Footer, those are in Appearance > Widgets.

Logos and styles for those elements are set in the Customizer.

Jane

I’m not sure I understand. In Live, I see a background image and in Edit all I see is a blank white page. Are you saying I won’t see the background image in edit?

I’d also love to get rid of that white container and place the title text directly on the image.

Also in Live, my footer in right under my title. It should be at the bottom of the page but I can’t move it there.

© 2022 Boost Your Retirement Income • Built With GeneratePress. THIS SHOULDN’T BE UNDER MY TITLE.

Thank you!

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Jane,

It depends on how you’re adding the Background image. To clarify, may we know how you added the background image specifically?

How did you add the Lighthouse image in your Front Page? It’s being place at the bottom of your site.

Jane

LOL…I wish I could remember how I added the lighthouse image. I believe it was:
    Customizing ▸ Background Images – Body

Fernando
    Customer Support

Oh yeah, sorry, didn’t notice that. You have no content yet which is why the footer is under the title. Try adding content so the footer is placed at the bottom.

We can also force it to go to the bottom if you prefer with custom code.

Lastly, Background image added through the customizer will only appear on the Live site.

Jane

Oh no! No code, please. I tried and as I added text, I saw that the footer moved down the paper. Is there any way to add the background image another way so I can see it in edit as I’m adding content? Thanks

Fernando
    Customer Support

Where are you planning to add the Background image? Is it only for the Front Page?

If so, you can add a GenerateBlocks Container Block, then, add the Background Image there.

Then, add you page contents inside that Container.

Reference: https://docs.generateblocks.com/article/container-overview/#backgrounds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.