In the trouble shooting, where you write something like ‘disable all plugins to find out the one that causes the trouble’ you can maybe add that after disabling the plugins you have to clear browser cache. And also clear browser cache after EACH plugin activation.
I had a layout problem for while, and couldn’t find the culprit. I tried your method, but it didn’t help. I thought it probably wasn’t an plugin causing the trouble. Now, after more extensive trying, I found you were right, and the problem was a plugin. I wouldn’t have found it without clearing the cache after each change.
I’m a noob, and I can imagine that the people using these kind of troubleshootings are like me, so maybe adding this would help them too.