[Resolved] List of icons in the font awesome essentials group?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] List of icons in the font awesome essentials group?

Home Forums Support List of icons in the font awesome essentials group?

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    drew

I’ve found plenty of references to the FA essentials filter but not complete list of icons that are in the essentials group when “Load essential icons only” is checked. Where can find that?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We’ve actually never listed them out πŸ™‚

Off top of my head…drop down menu arrow, back to top arrow, navigation search icon, hamburger menu toggle.

drew

Many thanks! I did find a thread where the list was started then ended with “etc.” πŸ™‚

Is there a snippet to add icons to that filter?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    drew

Sorry, I meant adding additional fonticon items to the list, not custom icons.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No there isn’t a way unfortunately.

You’d have to create a custom list with the method I linked and include the essential ones.

drew

Gotcha, thanks for confirming. If you ever decide to add fa-square to your include list, that would be all kinds of awesome πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If one day we use that in the theme so that everyone needs it then it will definitely be added πŸ™‚

Francesco

Can I suggest to add at least fa fa-home to the essential group?

I think it’s useful for many of us.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If we have more requests we will definitely consider it. Currently only icons that are essential to the theme is added.

Thanks for the suggestion πŸ™‚

Steve

Hi Leo – just found this thread only just got around to using the FA icons for the first time – could you guys consider adding a handful more to the essentials – ive only needed to use three at present (you can guess which three social media icons that will be!) but if these are not included it forces us to use the entire collection?

or maybe even a plugin to customise or switch on/off whatever is needed site specific – or is my wish list getting a bit too demanding now for a non-coding graphic designer? πŸ™‚ thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Check out Tom’s reply here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hover-behaviour-changed-on-menus/#post-519834

Let me know if this is what you are after.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.