[Resolved] List of blog posts in its own page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] List of blog posts in its own page

Home Forums Support List of blog posts in its own page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Louis

I removed the right sidebar that had a list of my 42 blog posts.
    I then created, Blog tab, as a primary menu item. When it is clicked, it goes to the most recent blog post.
    How do I direct a user when they click Blog on the Primary Menu to see a list of all blog topics, not just the most recent one?
    Thank you.
    sales-getters.com

Louis

An update: I now see that it has all the blog postings on the page the user is directed to when the click the Blog link on the Primary menu. I would still prefer to have just the hyperlinked list of posts there, that take the user to the individual post. Is this possible?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Louie,

Not sure I fully understand your question, but you can add custom links as a menu item, you can define whatever link you want to assign to that menu item.

Let me know if I miss anything πŸ™‚

Louis

Thank you for the note. I want to have a page that just has a list of the post names and hyperlinks to them. Guessing I will have to build that page manually? I thought that it would like when I had Blog Right side Layout under Customizing -> layout -> Sidebar

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would this page be the actual blog page?

Do you have an example that you can show us?

Louis

yes. but I do not see how I can send a screenshot.

Louis

Ok – I switch it back to right side content so you could see. go to sales-getters.com and look at the right side panel with the list of blog posts. This is what I want on a web page the the user can click from the primary menu.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s a recent post widget.

WordPress offers a Latest Posts block which you can try:
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/latest-posts-block/

Or you can use a plugin like this to turn the recent post widget into a short code then use it page content:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/shortcode-widget/

Louis

Well – I think I found a workaround using Customizing β–Έ Layout
    Blog. I chose Excerpt and that will work.

However, if you would offer screenshots or videos to be uploaded it would have save us both time. πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.