[Resolved] Links do not have a discernible name

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Links do not have a discernible name

Home Forums Support Links do not have a discernible name

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adrien

Dear GP Team,

Im working on google lighthouse >> Accessibility right now.

I’m only left with one notice which is that the Link <a href="#"> does not have a discernible name. It is the add to cart panel of the site template called “Niche”.

To solve this I would need to insert an arial-label.

However, I am stuck here and I can’t figure out how to add it into the add to cart panel link.

Sorry to bother about that really. I know you’re super busy with GPblocks pro. So excited to get it πŸ˜‰

Best, Adrien

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Which link are we talking about here, exactly? Took a look around but wasn’t able to spot it.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Adrien

Hello Tom,

I made a quick video for you: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/2279091?key=6a22ae4f9068708a6f0f08df3a51f1f4

Appreciate your help. Best, Adrien.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, as the link itself has text (Continue Shopping). I wouldn’t have thought that a link that contains static text would also need an aria-label, as the text itself is the label for the link.

As of right now that Continue Reading div isn’t filterable, so there’s no way to alter the HTML (add an aria-label) without editing the plugin itself.

I can add a filter to that area in 1.13.0. I could also add an aria-label to it by default, but I’ll need to research that a bit as I’m not 100% sure it’s necessary.

Adrien

Appreciate your reply Tom and your taking the time.
    I was working on this by pure vanity πŸ˜‰ Hence, please do not worry at all. I’ll just skip this and see if one day you come up with something or if this is in fact a false error from the lighthouse.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It may be better to just turn it into a <button> element. I’ll play with it πŸ™‚

Thanks!

roadlink

Hi @Tom,

This issue is still exist.

fyi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.