[Support request] Lightweight social media icons not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Lightweight social media icons not working

Home Forums Support Lightweight social media icons not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    stefanie

Hi there,

I have the lightweight social media icons installed in my footer. They worked when I first installed them earlier today, but now I see they are not. However, the title is still visible so something is definitely working. The weird thing was it was all working fine, then suddenly not. Can you help please?

My website is
    https://zestforever.com/

Thank you

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you disable all plugins except Lightweight social icons and GP Premium to eliminate any conflicts?

Let me know πŸ™‚

stefanie

Hi Leo,

I deactivated all my plugins one by one to test if it was any of these causing the problem and my social media buttons still aren’t there.
    I have now noticed that my menu on mobile doesn’t work either. It works on laptop, but not mobile. If you look closely you can see a tiny yellow line on top of the green heading bar come up when you press it. This never happened before.

I don’t know whether the 2 things are related, but I really need my menu to work more pressingly than the social media buttons. I also checked this every time I deactivated a plugin and it didn’t change anything.

The only different thing I have done to my website lately is to add an iframe landing page to the homepage. But, I already tried taking the iframe off and it didn’t change anything so I have put it back again.

Please can you check out what I mean on mobile with the menu?

Thanks

https://zestforever.com/

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you make sure all plugins are disabled for us to take a look?

Please make sure to clear and disable the WP Super Minify plugin as well – I can see it activated in the source code.

stefanie

Ok, I have deactivated everything except Generate press premium. I have also deactivated lightweight social media (not sure if I should have).

I’m worried my website is now running without any plugins so please cam you check it out asap, Sorry, and thanks so much πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you also remove your CSS temporarily?

I believe it’s causing the mobile menu toggle issue.

Perhaps it’s best to start a staging site if we can do some further debugging steps.

Please keep Lightweight social icons activated.

stefanie

Hi Leo,

I had to switch back on some of my plugins before I went to sleep last night because I’m not sure I can leave my website without them on for very long. I don’t know how it works in this respect.

Ok, I will put the social media plugin back on. As for staging a site, I have no idea how to do that. Please can you let me know when you are back online and working and I will work with you.

Thanks so much! πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

As for staging a site, I have no idea how to do that.

Most of the hosting support offers this service for free – I would recommend checking with them πŸ™‚

stefanie

Hi Leo,

So I asked my hosting site about doing this staged site. Here is their response:

You can create a free siterubix site. You can use any backup plugin to generate a complete backup of your main website, such as all-in-one migration, WP-Clone. UpldraftPluse, BackWPup, etc. Then download it on your local end. You can install WordPress on the free siterubix site, then install the same backup plugin and upload the backup file to restore.

Is this what I need to do? If so, I’m feeling completely out of my depth. Is this the only way for you to fix my issue?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yup that sounds like one solution.

I could try debugging on your live site as well but obviously the layout etc will change while other plugins are disabled.

I’ll be around for the next bit, can you make sure all plugins are disabled except GP Premium and LSI?

Also remove your custom CSS temporarily.

stefanie

Hi Leo,

I’m so sorry I just saw your message. Ok, if you’re still there, I have deactivated everything except LSI and GP Premium.
    If you’re not there I will put it all back and wait for you to tell me when you will be back.

I hope we can catch each other. I’m in a UK time zone

Thank you so much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Something is blocking the LSI style sheet from being loaded in your site.

When I tested in my local install, everything is working correctly and this is what I’m seeing:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Eg8ybTKkBtiU

However, those styles are not getting loaded in your site:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/rHkeDlfA

You will have to dig around and see why might that be.

stefanie

Hi Leo,

Thank you for checking into it. However, I wouldn’t have a clue how to dig around as I know nothing about coding or anything. Id there somebody else there who can help me? I don’t know what to do! I don’t have a web designer because I did this website myself on wordpress, nor can I afford one. Please help and give me more info. Or can you pass my case on to that lady called Ying? She may know.
    I don’t understand why this menu suddenly isn’t working. The only thing I’ve done different lately is put an iframe on my homepage. However, I did do a test and took that off, but it still didn’t work.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is definitely not a theme or plugin issue as the code has not changed at all.

Have you added any custom functions or modify GP’s file anywhere?

Does it help if you disable GP Premium as well?

If not then you might need to restore a backup to when it was all working if you can’t remember the changes being done to cause the issue.

You can check with your hosting support to see if there are any automatic backup created.

stefanie

Hi Leo,

I have resolved the issue now by having my web hosting providers reset my website from the time when it messed up.

I’m not sure if it was the iframe or the social media plugin that messed things up, but I’m going to reintroduce them one at a time.

I’m thinking that instead of using an iframe as a landing page for my homepage, I should just build another one directly onto my website to save further issues.

Is there a way I can build a similar landing page to this one below within my theme? And if not, how do I do this kind of thing? Any advice would be appreciated. I don’t want my blogroll to be my homepage anymore.
    Thanks

https://cleanfooddirtygirl.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.