[Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons inline CSS

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Lightweight Social Icons inline CSS

Home Forums Support Lightweight Social Icons inline CSS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vast

It seems that the Lightweight social icons plugin generates inline CSS e.g. style="text-align: left".

<aside id="lsi_widget-1" class="widget inner-padding widget_lsi_widget"><h2 class="widget-title">Connect</h2><ul class="lsi-social-icons icon-set-lsi_widget-1" style="text-align: left"><li class="lsi-social-dribbble"><a class="" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" title="Dribbble" aria-label="Dribbble" href="#" target="_blank"><i class="lsicon lsicon-dribbble"></i></a></li><li class="lsi-social-codepen"><a class="" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" title="Codepen" aria-label="Codepen" href="#" target="_blank"><i class="lsicon lsicon-codepen"></i></a></li><li class="lsi-social-github"><a class="" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" title="Github" aria-label="Github" href="#" target="_blank"><i class="lsicon lsicon-github"></i></a></li><li class="lsi-social-instagram"><a class="" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" title="Instagram" aria-label="Instagram" href="#" target="_blank"><i class="lsicon lsicon-instagram"></i></a></li><li class="lsi-social-twitter"><a class="" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" title="Twitter" aria-label="Twitter" href="#" target="_blank"><i class="lsicon lsicon-twitter"></i></a></li></ul></aside></div>

What is the recommended option to remove the style attribute and include it as a custom CSS?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I don’t believe that is possible without editing the plugin files, which you would most probably be safe to do as there are no further development plans for the plugin.

Today i use the GenerateBlocks plugin and the GB Buttons block to create my social icons, which can be hooked into place using the Block Element.

Derek

Does the option in GenerateBlocks to add icons to buttons use fontawesome? I have the plugin Fontawesome loaded already. Just wondering if I’m loading things twice.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

No – GenerateBlocks uses inline SVGs to display the Icons, it comes with the main Social Icons included but you can add your own. So theres no additional font requests being made for just a few icons.

vast

Thanks for suggesting GenerateBlocks David.

As GenerateBlocks offers the option to create icons for example and there is no further development on the Social Icons plugin, can it be removed from the import content process?

This minimizes the need take an additional step to deactivate the plugin and delete it.

Additionally, it removes the need on its continued if there are better alternatives such as GenerateBlocks.

What is the recommendation on using GenerateBlocks with widgets?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Widget areas are still a grey area with Gutenberg. It is up there but still under experimental as the focus seems to be full on with Full Site Editing. Which is why we still keep things like LSI in Site Imports as most users are familiar with it. Branching away from this and using GB with Block Elements does unfortunately leave a little gap within the development process.

However my current plaything is this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/organic-widget-area-block/

Which is a nice bridge – as you can simply create widget areas using GB + Block Elements and can combine block and widgetized content.

vast

Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.