[Resolved] lightweight social icons email/contact and phone option

Home Forums Support [Resolved] lightweight social icons email/contact and phone option

Home Forums Support lightweight social icons email/contact and phone option

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cathy Koperek

Hey ho.
    I’ve installed lightweight social, and the social media icons (linkedin, twitter) work great! Thank you for making that easy.

To create an email link, I use the “contact” option, right? I’ve filled in my email address in the proper field, but it doesn’t seem to work. The icon turns gray (default), but nada.

When I click on the phone icon, the “pick an app” pop-up appears. Do I have to be linked to skype somehow to make this option work? I notice you have a separate skype option, so I’m not sure what my (future) clients should do.

Obviously I’m doing something wrong. Must be time for a glass of wine…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Cathy,

Just tested the Contact icon with e-mail and it’s working for me. So nothing happens when you click the icon?
    Can you provide a link to your site where it’s not working?

The phone one should work when you are on mobile.

Let me know.

Cathy Koperek

Aha. If the phone only works for mobile, should I remove it from my desktop version as I’ve added the “call now” plugin for mobile?

http://thepatientengager.com/

Icons are towards the bottom on the right, under the sign-up.

So, Leo, do you guys _ever_ sleep? ;0

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The e-mail icon is working for me – when I click it, the outlook app opens with your e-mail address already filled in.

The phone icon is also working. The pick an app window is just letting the users choose what app they want to use to call you. For example they can select Skype and the, app will open with your phone number already filled in.

I’m justtt about to sleep ๐Ÿ™‚

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Cathy Koperek

Thanks Leo. Last evening I tried accessing the site through Chrome in an incognito window, and it didn’t work. It does work on Firefox and Edge. Tried it again today, and same thing. Works ok on chrome in mobile (ugh, need to change some background images in mobile :0). Hopefully it’s only my computer that’s confused. I’ll have a friend check it out too.

Any suggestions if there is a glitch?

Thank you guys for all you do…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s very strange…I used Chrome to test and it works.

Maybe there is a conflict with the Chrome extensions if you are using any?

Cathy Koperek

I’m only running adblock, a preview app and a couple of google doc apps – fairly benign stuff. I tried turning off adblock, and the email still didn’t come up. I trust that it worked for you!

Let’s consider this fixed, and if I have any more issues, I’ll be in touch.

Thanks, Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good. You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.